A Basic EFT Theory And Solution to Low Confidence
(Add or view comments at the bottom of the page.)
Some say that self-confidence a skill that can be developed. Others say that confidence is already within you but hidden by layer upon layer of fear and insecurity. Let me illustrate. Consider this fear as an energy disruption. Now, whatever your beliefs, the mind-body is a wonderful machine of great spiritual beauty. Compare your mind-body to another kind of machine, your mobile phone for example. Many a time, I have dropped my mobile phone, until finally it stopped getting a reliable reception and was dropping calls. In other words, after it had a few knocks too many, it started malfunctioning. Something in its circuitry got dislodged, and it needed repair. In terms of Chi or Qi, it developed an energy disruption.
The good news is that by specifically releasing each part of the energy disruption that blocks your self-confidence, you can finally release those blocks and be set free. It simply is a matter of working on situations such as the following.
- Fear of others´ opinion or judgement. Find an event where you were afraid of being judged or what others thought of you. Whatever situation comes up for healing is fine. Tap on it till it no longer holds any charge for you.
- Feeling shy and uneasy. Again, find an event where if you were to think of that event again, you would feel shy or uneasy. Tap on it until it no longer holds a charge for you.
- Fear of new situations, for example, learning a new skill or meeting a new friend. Again, simply find a related event and tap for it.
- A sense of worthlessness. Ask yourself on a scale or Low, Medium, and High, how worthwhile do you feel? If anything less than High, tap for it daily until it is a High or at least a big Medium.
- Dismissing compliments. Let us say someone complimented you on a job well done or on a nice new haircut. Can you see yourself totally happy accepting this compliment, or does it make you squirm? If the latter, then tap on it until you feel comfortable accepting the compliment.
- Always focusing on what you did wrong. The logic, however flawed, behind this is that if you did everything right, then you will not be rejected. If this resonates with you, think of a time when you were focusing on what you did wrong. Tap on it until you get insights and see the situation from a more positive angle.
- Negative thoughts about your own abilities. Complete this sentence: ¨Even though others are capable of it, I am not capable of ...¨ Now tap on whatever you used to fill the dots. Continue tapping until you see it from another perspective and have more positive thoughts about your abilities.
Tap on about 15 events and situations, one at a time, and you can start noticing a difference. Some people start noticing a difference after one event, whilst others take more than 15. Go at your own pace and take it step by step. You can record your progress in a diary day by day, as each day you record your progress, say from a Low level of feeling worthwhile up to a Medium. Then whenever you wish, you can go over your records to remind yourself how far you have come. For example, it may have felt terrifying at the beginning to meet a new friend on your own, but you may see that you have recorded doing exactly such a thing. And this can give you more confidence, as you know you are becoming confident. Confidence gets you even more confidence!
If you are new to EFT, you can download a free guide from many online sources and get started. Or you may wish to dive right in and work with an experienced practitioner. Enjoy your journey to that calm confidence you truly deserve.
View All Articles by this Author
© Suzanne Zacharia 2010. My name is Suzanne Zacharia and I am committed to spreading the word about health options. I believe that the more and better options one has, the more choice there is. And of course, you are advised to consult with your medical practitioner before embarking on any course of alternative, complementary, or beauty therapy. Want to use this article? You can, as long as you credit me with it and invite your readers to get my FREE "EFT How-to for You" and regular free EFT Tapping script samples in my newsletter at http://www.EFT-Scripts.com - New to EFT? No worries, just get your own copy of "EFT How-to for You" and start EFTing with ease very soon!
Leave a Comment
Disclaimer: All information on this website is for educational purposes only, and the content is not intended to suggest that it is a
substitute for proper medical care or good common sense.
While EFT has produced remarkable clinical results, it must still be considered to be in the experimental stage
and thus practitioners and the public must take complete responsibility for their use of it.
In addition, the articles on this site represent the views of the authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the
founder of EFT, Gary Craig, nor the owner of this web site, Stefan Gonick.